holland evening of 9-9 (looking for report)

Looking for a report in close off of Holland tonight? I saw you out there Kevin. You were right in the water where we found them last night. Curious if they were still biting or if they got lock-jaw. Saw lots jumping but none netted as the family and I went for a little joy ride at sunset tonight...

Thanks,

We caught 2 kings and one brown; 1 male (8lbs) & 1 female (17lbs). Green ladder back plug on two color and white spinny with yellow mirage fly on diver 60 back with little diver. Brown bit on green moonshine RV spoon on rigger 10 down. We lost two others that didn't hook up well. We were in 26' pursuit. Beautiful night on the water. Sounds like there are fish being caught in 100-120 but was already committed to pier heads by the time I got the word. Going to be rough out there tonight. Good luck if you make it out!

Fished pierheads to 50 fow. Had two heavy hits @ 50, 7 color and 33 down on rigger. Both turned out to be 10+ lb sheepshead. Had another hit on 7 color with black and white meat rig that ran to about 600 feet and shook it. Pulled lines and had a 7" king on a rigger. So 3/4, but not the kind of 3/4 that we would have liked.

Fished Lake Mac, channel and big lake this morning. We caught an 18 lb king on a mag bloody nose dream weaver in lake Mac by the no wake bouys and caught a big sheephead on a bloody nose dalmation stinger in Lake Mi in 40'. Opposite of what is normal. The big lake was a little rough. 3'-5'.

Little Gem II

Dennis

Dennis - that is downright impressive you caught that king all the way back by the no wake buoys - were you centered out off the shipping channel or were you on the south or north side of the no wake perimeter. I see from your report you were running a dreamweaver spoon. I have done well in Mac this year off flashers but I get so many weeds - maybe I need to try more spoons. Have you had good look with spoons in Mac, not just this year but other years? I guess hotntots and rapalas probably would be a decent choice too...

2MD- I was actually towards the south side and we were making a slow turn back to the big lake when we caught the king on the west side of the no wake bouys. The fish I caught last week tuesday was also on a mag DW bloody nose spoon. I didn't get a hit on my j plugs, hot n tots, or thundersticks. They actually caught old leaves and other junk so I think I may have had them too deep.

went out and fished the west side of Mac for about 50 minutes coming into dark tonight. Ran 8 rods with variety of lures. Went through the lake side of the channel and all back through the shipping channel up to the no wake markers. Not even a bump. Will probably try again tomorrow. The amount of current in the channel and even in Lake Mac was unbelievable.

in other news... on the run back in I hit (not grazed but drilled head on) the #11 green marker buoy back up on the east side of Mac - the all aluminum welded jon boat held up really well with just a small indentation and some green paint. The buoy went a rolling. Obviously I had too many things going on and wasn't paying attention. It scared me and the kids no doubt - aluminum hammering up against steel going 18MPH creates a loud noise! I hang my head in shame and am just thankful no one got hurt. I think I am going to tie a moonshine jplug to the top of the thing so this never happens again! I know of others who have hit this one and always said it would never happen to me. Why the coast guard leaves the green ones unmarked at night never made a ton of sense to me...