What to Do?

I picked up a 250 Falcon Century Boat a Couple yrs ago and got a deal on it, it needs work like pull the 350 chey, and the lowerunit basicaly gut the boat and check it over repaint the full roller trailer, it just sets in the shed and I was thinking that I would make it my Lk Michigan Boat, but maybe I'am in for more work then it worth, or should I just gut it and sell all the usable stuff. Maybe some light here from someone will help make up my mind:thumb:

Well Grant as you know I am in the midst of a boat restoration. It is the hull that I wanted and I feel it is well worth my time and effort. I certainly know this boat well inside and out and will be confident when I complete it that I will indeed have the fishing rig that I will be happy with. Guess my point is that if you really like the hull and don't mind the labor involved then it would be worth it (personal satisfaction) to restore it.

I like to see restorations done and a boat is put back into service and saved from the junk yard. As long as the hull is sound, the transom is solid and the stringers aren't rotten I think it would be worthwhile.

But be forewarned its not the stuff you see. There will also be a ton of stuff you don't see to fix on an older boat. I am fixing up an older Crestliner so I knew the hull was solid but there was way more hidden issues I hadn't planned on. Fuel tank and entire fuel system replace. Wiring and lighting is shot and needs redone. Floor needed replaced and painted/sealed. Welding done on hull. Added a kicker. Basically everything needed some attention from a previous owner who had totally neglected it.

But I love the boat and the way it's laid out and any older boat is an ongoing labor of love.

10 years ago I got a great deal on a Cobalt 21ft that had the out drive stolen off it. Thinking I could fix it and have a nice boat cheap LOL. I sold all the parts on Ebay and the hull is in a landfill no matter how I did the math it was cheaper to buy a used boat that actually worked than fix it. Just like my fast cars and other toys there is no profit in it however if like mentioned above you enjoy it then it's up to you to decide what it is worth.