Deepest rigger presentation?

I've ran paddles, spinnies, and spoons off mono and SWR on deepest rigger and have caught fish on all of them. I don't think it makes a difference.

Thanks for the question, looks like I'll be running plugs off my deep rigger next time out:thumb:

The deeper Presentation is always the Flasher( paddle, spinnie or dodger) It has been my experience that that is the best way to go, I guess it depends on how many deep riggers you run. In the early days we ran 5 to 8 down riggers, maybe a Pink Lady diver. All of our high lines were off of outriggers. When we ran that many riggers our ball to bait was only about 5 to 8 feet, Paddles were real close to the ball to prevent tangles.

It worked before the days of Zebra mussels and clean water. I still have my flasher and fly or meat combos as my deepest presentation. However when I run meat I usually have meat on all of my rigger and dipsey presentations. I have recently started running flasher and fly combos on my coppers too.

They all catch fish.

Sometimes it's easier to cave in then argue. Besides I let Chris make some decisions so that when things don't go right I can blame him. I always tell him I'm too busy driving to get my side of the boat working. Then he reminds me I have auto pilot. lol.

Who catches more fish? There's a short list of people on my boat where I just stay at the helm and let them do their thing.

As of late the swr with a j has been 10' above the big spinny, putting it about the same level. The spinny isn't getting hit but the swr has been steady so that's not getting touched.

• 4 weeks later...

For us it really depends on where the temperature is. When the temps are higher in the water column it would most likely be a spoon on the deepest rigger. When the temps are deeper it would be either an attractor/fly or meat depending on what has been working for us previously.