8/24/2013 Saginaw Bay Walleye

It was a beautiful morning to spend on the Bay. I fished with Tom E, and his wife Sherrie. Sherrie caught her first Saginaw Bay Walleye. Sherrie has caught several walleye before but this was her first time fishing our waters. We took 9 eyes before calling it a day. We had a few nice fish come unbutton, and most of the fish making it to the net would unhook themselves. We also took a few white perch, some small cats, and a sheepshead. We fished BB and meat in 24 FOW @ 1.5 MPH.

We saw FM2 fishing close by and talked with Spanking Eyes on the radio. As we were coming into the river I saw J Wheeler coming out with his beautiful family aboard. It don't get any better fishing with good people and knowing you have good friends in the area.:)

dsc00449_a.jpg

dsc00448_a.jpg

Nice job on the eyes Frank! I made sure to slow down to give ya a wave as we were on our way out! What a beautiful day on the water with the family. The kids really had a blast out there. We were able to luck out with a handful of perch, the action wasn't hot enough to keep the kids entertained for a long period of time. So we improvised, did some jumping off the boat and a little swimming out there. Water was beautiful, there was cooler water at my toes when we were in the water.

Hoping the perch fishing takes off, cuz I'm ready to get after em! Til next time.

RIGHT ON, FRANK ! :thumb: THE CATCHING WAS ONLY THE FROSTING ON THE CAKE. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY IT WAS TO SHARE WITH GOOD FRIENDS ON THE BAY. WE RAN 4 OR 5 MILES SOUTH OF THE POINT, SET UP IN 34 TO 33' OF WATER ON A NORTHERLY TROLL. WE WERE PULLING INLINES 3 TO 10' OFF BOTTOM. IT SEEMED ONLY THE LARGER FISH WERE THE AGGRESSORS AS WE NEVER HAD A THROW BACK ALL AFTERNOON. ( RARE INDEED ) WE BOXED OUT WITH 10 BEAUTIES AND ONCE AGAIN THANKFUL FOR HAVING THE GOOD FORTUNE TO EXPERIENCE THE BAY.