pink spots on vinyl

I have been getting pink spots on my white vinly seats... Any idea of why this is from and how to get it out. Conventional Cleaning methods seem useless. I am thinking its bacterial and coming from the inside.. I have ruled out it came off of anyone's bathing suits or clothing etc. They boat is newer being 2009

It is mold growing in the vinyl. Mix baking soda with a little bleach into a paste and apply, let sit overnight, rinse and reapply as necessary. Be cautious of the bleach on the stiching. In my experience you can only treat it- you can never get rid of it completely, short of replacing the vinyl.

My guess would be dye leatching out from stitching or the foam under the vinyl...i have never herd of pink mold, but i am no expert.

Is it all of the seats or just one?

I had mold on my pontoon boat seats (white leather) when i took it out of storage this year and it was black...Magic Erraser worked the best!!! I tried almost every cleaner out there and didnt compare to the magic erraser. You just have to soak the seats with water then scrub away with the erraser. I did mine in the rain and it worked out very well....

its on my key west and pontoon on several different seats. They haven't changed colour at all since formed and are all the same looking just vary in sizes. The magic eraser doesn't do a thing on them. (also love the magic erasers for the boat)

• 6 months later...
I have been getting pink spots on my white vinly seats... Any idea of why this is from and how to get it out. Conventional Cleaning methods seem useless. I am thinking its bacterial and coming from the inside.. I have ruled out it came off of anyone's bathing suits or clothing etc. They boat is newer being 2009

This stuff is specifically for pink stains caused by bacteria on vinyl. Get it from www.pink-away.com

Worked for me! Expensive, but works. :thumb:

It is mold growing in the vinyl. Mix baking soda with a little bleach into a paste and apply, let sit overnight, rinse and reapply as necessary. Be cautious of the bleach on the stiching. In my experience you can only treat it- you can never get rid of it completely, short of replacing the vinyl.

Bleach will harden the vinyl. Many upholstery in Seattle area do this. Then a couple years later the vinyl is trashed.