Need Ludington Advice

BenLubbs

So my uncle invited me to come up to Ludville with the boat and take some buddies out fishing. I have no idea where to start, if there are any launches other than the one by the pier, or any other information there is to know about fishing out of Ludington. Anyone have any tips for me before I head up?

Sure Ben, the Copeyan Park launch ramp is off S. Washington Ave. detouring over to Madison St. due to new bridge construction this summer. Easy to find and can come across the channel to Thompson Marina for dockage and free trailer storage. Rustic camping also available, send me a pm or call me. Log on to fish-ludington.com for current fishing reports by the boys. Ed.

The fish are ready to hit the pier heads Ben. Don't be afraid to fish skinny water. When the whole pack heads up to the point, you can stay back and fish the area in front of the power plant to the south with great success.

Check out Freestyle Charters website for reports. He posts a few times a week with updates. The fish-ludington website reports from Glen are good too. We were up a few weeks ago and couldn't catch a cold, although we marked fish everywhere.

Fished 8-18 to 8-20 best fihing has been on size 3 ace high plugs in hatural glow, green lightning,blue lightning patterns also uv haze flashers with uv on ice meat rigs and mountain dew spin doctors with big water froogie meat rigs, if you need more info feel free to pm me.

Ben; You should have a ball in Ludville, most likely combat fishing at the pier heads, if you go south to the projects be carefull and fish between the 51 to 55 line of nets as you work out deeper watch for the markers, check at Captains Chucks for the L-L #'s of the nets he should have copys there, and Ed at Thompsons is a easy in and out, Good People I stayed there last year.

Good luck

If you've never been there it's worth it to take a ride up to the point and see how fast the depth drops off. Way different than Holland! You'll have a great time... fun fishing up there. It's been too long for me.