bad luck in Charlevoix

Everything started well, got the first downrigger set around 5:30, a white spin doctor with a white glow fly down 88 and it went off before the second one was down, turned out to be a 19 1/2 pounder which fought like crazy, glad the spread wasn't out. Then 20 min later it went off again and we caught a little king around 6 or 7 lbs. Had several more releases as it got lighter then we caught a laker that was over the limit. Then our luck changed, we were outside most of the boats but some guy in a trophy swerved out and ran over and hooked my lead core and ripped it off. Then we had a screamer break off my braid dipsey. Then the same thing happened just before we left. I haven't lost anything all year but I made up for it yesterday.

g

Ken-We hooked the first one as soon as we reached over a 100 ft which in Charlevoix is about a two minute ride, the difference between 100 and 250 feet is usually less than 1/8 mile so I usually zig-zag between 100 and 200 and catch fish on the turns a lot. Alan, it was as good as I've seen it up there.