opinion on dipsey rods/reels

I' d like some opinions on dipsey rigs best rods and best reels please?also I run two a side and would like to go to go to three a side I run 2 -9 fters on dif settings and rarely ever tangle if I go with three would you recomend having each b a different length rod say a 10,9,and 8, and if so which position do u put them in? 10ft on 3 -- 9 on 2 and 8 on 1 or visa versa any info greatly apreciated thanks guys!

Three per side? Sounds like a rat nest waiting to happen. Do you use downriggers also?..personally i prefer using short stiff rods for dipsey's. Only because i find some dipsey's hard to release when using longer rods

Yup use riggers as well never had them tangle dipseys r to far back and to the side length in rod is to get them out past riggers they r stiff. I have four riggers use free sliders on outside two and right now two dipseys per side and a lead core down the shoot and rarely and I mean almost never tangle I have never tangled a dipsey in a rigger I have had riggers tangle together also have never had dipseys tangle together (set at 3 and at 1.5)and that's in the last 10 yrs

I agree with some of the other posts...running 3 dipsey's is asking for some trouble. I run 2 per side...an 8' wire and a 10' braid. One day I will upgrade to wire for the 10' rods.

Shimano all the way...they're just better and smoother drag reels. I just purchased 2 Okuma reels for my riggers this year, and they are working well.

If you choose wire for the outside dipsey's...consider the upgrade rod tips designed for wire.

Edit: Aaron at Lakeshore Outfitters can get you sorted.

My Boat is 12 feet wide, I run 5 riggers and 4 dipseys when we are fishing summer patterns we add full 10 color lead core and 300, copper set ups, I do add dive bombs to the lead core and coppers if I feel I need more depth. I would really hate to run 6 dipsey presentations, unless I ran small ones off my outriggers. Then it would only be in the dirty water pattern in fall.

I have a big boat and usually have 6 to 8 on board, and any more than 18 rods can get to be a real chore.

I run three when we fish the islands on erie. I am not using riggers and tring to keep the lines close to the boat as there isn't enough room to run the big boards. If you are not running side riggers I run them on 0 11/2 and 3. all on braid. I am using standard sized walkers/slide divers. I use convector 30s and have them on the daiwa wilderness rods 8 8 1/2 and 10ft. I also use the wilderness rods as my leadcore rods for salmon. I don't think I would run a mag dipsy on them. For that I have taloras.

Gotta go with the Okumas. They are the only reel I run on ANY of my rods. I use the Magda Pro's for my riggers and have switched my lead and my dipsy reels to the Convector series. Should have my rigger reels all switched of to the Convector series by next spring as well.