Luddington

Weather providing I will be fishing out of luddington on Sat 8-17 with my good friend Lonnie Allen. any reports we could get would be greatly appreciated. Herd fish were already running up the p.m. not sure if that is true but by my calculations it aught to be close so there should be fish out front somewhere.

Actually it is pretty late for the Pere Marquette to be getting fish. It often happens in mid July! It is a fully wild run of chinook that have evolved into an early running self sustaining strain. So this is not unusual at all.

Watch for reports the next few days. With the blow on Monday/Tuesday not many boats got out and the water moved quite a bit. It is going to take a couple days to restabilize and for the fish to be found.

There was a hard north blow yesterday and it really cooled off the water, some fish were whacked in the harbor last night, I know of one real good box in there. I'm headed up Thursday after work and will be fishing Friday, I'll PM my cell to you and you can give me a call when you get there. There is always an early run but the main pack usually shows up from now till Labor Day. In recent years, they have been early and with the cold water and cold river and cold PM Lake temps, they will be early this year and may shoot right up the river.

One nice thing is the fish planted by the LACA in the Sable River don't usually run till after Labor Day.

Fished in Ludington last weekend. Fish were in the PM saw a few taken on the ride out of the channel and lots of fish rising. We fished the stick and took 2-3 fish per trip. Not a lot of action but the fish we caught were slobs. Meat rigs, paddle/fly and plugs.

The fish that run the PM usually run around labor day weekend the early July run of kings has been happening for as long as I can remember in my 35+ years of fishing Ludington. The fish that are planted at the

Sable river tend to run later in September and in many provide a good fishery of 4 year old salmon into October.