It's Nice to be back, Surgery went well Doc gave me the go ahead for fishing so here we are.

Skipped the tourney GLSF hosted it so had to be there. Crabby charters out of Milwaukee won with a 212 points . Nice

Fishing report

Out with my Son , My wife and one of her friends, what a day!!! Chose to start later and take it slow. After setting lines south of town ran into a bud and followed his suggestion running east west . Wow found a ton of fish. Ran 12 lines out of my 17 foot boat we looked like a porcupine, but it did the trick. all of the 12 rods fired , 2 FF combos ,3 plugs , 7 spoons . Pancake flat morning . First fish a coho off the probe rigger, after that it turned to a blur for the next 2 hours , at one point we cleared 8 rods before being able to reset what was pulled . many doubles that turned to quad's before loosing a couple. The fish were hitting really hard ,and would rip out a ton of line even on the boards , we took fish from 85 feet down up to a 3 color, Didn't matter they were all over the water column. As far as we can figure we went something like 17 for 11 loosing some real pigs right near the boat.

Tight Lines and great fishing.

Jim

m_dscn0833.jpg

m_dscn0824.jpg

m_p1070036.jpg

m_dscn0801.jpg

Jim,

Sounds like a great day on the lake, thanks for the post. I noticed in your pictures that you have your ipilot remote around your neck. Do you use your Minn Kota to troll with salmon fishing? I used mine for the first time last week and trolled for about three hours with no smoke or noise and it was great. What are your thoughts or experiences with using it if you do?

Thanks