Set lines just before 6:00 am in 70 fow and started working west with the pack. Picked up a 13# mature female king on a full core with a uv yellow tuxedo spoon in 110 fow. Kept pushing out west and in about 130 fow we picked up a 10# male king on a uv blue veggies down 40 on the rigger. That same set took a rip with no one home too. Then all hell broke lose. Shortly after putting the 10#er in the box a rigger that was down 75 with meat went off and started screaming. I handed the rod to a rookie and the fish proceeded to get into my copper and leadcore on the starboard side of the boat. While I was untangling that mess the 300 cu rigged with meat on the port side starts going. I was fishing with three rookies, a guy on his second trip and no mate! I tell one of the guys to grab the copper that is screaming out and he picks up the leadcore, lol. By the time he finally gets the rod, the fish has now buried my church tx-44 and is half way to Milwaukee. At the same time I finally get the other guy out of my starboard long lines, then the one on the copper comes unbuttoned. After clearing that line, the fish that stayed on (somehow) gets into the wire diver on the port side of the boat...AHHHHHH! Somehow, by the grace of god we were able to put the king in the bottom of my net. It was a 22 pound male and the guys on the boat couldn't believe how big t was. They had thought the 13# female we boated was a giant.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/3/8/0/0/image_444889.jpg' alt='image_444889.jpg'>

The rest of the morning was SLOW. We took a huge rip on a wire diver back 200 with meat in 175 fow but the fish broke off the 20# leader that I had tied up that morning! Ended the day 3-6 which is about what most people were doing based on the radio. One guy came over the radio claiming to have caught a 35#er so hopefully someone can confirm that!

The guys had a great time and I hope I have hooked them on big-lake fishing.