Fish are scatterd or have lock jaw.

80-100 FOW and 120-130 FOW seems to hold fish.

Try a mix bag of depths and lures and work from there.

Seems most of the action is right at sunrise/sunset

Fished the weekend and got 14 fish 120-200 FOW.. Figured out on Sunday that deeper out 170-200 held a lot of fish.. 200,250,300 coppers with meat rigs and plugs took a lot of hits.. Meat rigs took about 90% of fish.. Seemed the fish were deep down too.. 70-100 down on the Riggers east and west troll

Did he tell you how deep in the water column he was fishing?

That was me that went 3 for 7. Yesterday morning I was on a solo run, so missing the 4 fish MUST be excused. :)

I heard a lot of people talking about catching lakers and some big kings in 80-100 FOW, but I couldn't get anything to go, so I headed out to 120-140 FOW, fishing down 80-90 feet.

Despite a real nice comfortable SW troll going with the 1-3 footers, I couldn't get action even though there were lots of good marks. As soon as I turned NNE *into* the waves, I started getting hits. Early hits came on whites & greens, after 8:30 AM, blues were best.

Since I was solo, I only had my two downriggers and a meat rig on a dipsy. Big White/Chrome 11" paddles with Poofster flies took the early hits, while Blue/White NBK Pro-Troll w/ Mirage fly and a Blue/White meat rig hit later.

Interesting trying to solo reel in and net a feisty 18-pound King coming in on a dipsy rig. I finally gave up on the juggling act and just yanked him in through the transom door. :lol:

That was me that went 3 for 7. Yesterday morning I was on a solo run, so missing the 4 fish MUST be excused. :)

I heard a lot of people talking about catching lakers and some big kings in 80-100 FOW, but I couldn't get anything to go, so I headed out to 120-140 FOW, fishing down 80-90 feet.

Despite a real nice comfortable SW troll going with the 1-3 footers, I couldn't get action even though there were lots of good marks. As soon as I turned NNE *into* the waves, I started getting hits. Early hits came on whites & greens, after 8:30 AM, blues were best.

Since I was solo, I only had my two downriggers and a meat rig on a dipsy. Big White/Chrome 11" paddles with Poofster flies took the early hits, while Blue/White NBK Pro-Troll w/ Mirage fly and a Blue/White meat rig hit later.

Interesting trying to solo reel in and net a feisty 18-pound King coming in on a dipsy rig. I finally gave up on the juggling act and just yanked him in through the transom door. :lol:

Thanks for the detailed reply. 3 for 7 is a good day especially for a solo trip.

Thanks to all for the tips. We launched out of Holland around 5:15am. Ran out to 100' and set up. Took a 20# King on downrigger when we hit 140' of water on a green dolphin. Ball was set at 70'. Fought it for 20 minutes, got things set again and dipsey went with white paddle and green fly. Set at 2, 120' back in the 140-150' depth range. Speed 2.7-3.0. That was also a 20# King. Had one other hit on a 10 color lead core with Double Orange Crush but it was gone before we touched the rod. Then we pulled lines and headed to work. What a beautiful morning!!