We went out last night, started at 80 heading SW hit 130, had a white spin doctor and white fly down 85 go, Snapped the swivel in two. kept going south for awhile, nothing, turned in to head north. 90 FOW Same rigger went. Wife caught her first salmon!! Before I could get that unhooked the high line same rigger went. J=plug, green Splatter back orange belly. She fought that one too. Not much fight, til the back of the boat. I was a bit surprised when I saw it. Netted that one. Never had a chance to weigh it though, it was 36 inches. I got the fish unhooked, but it and the lure were both tangled in the net. Would like to say I am hooked on huge salmon, but not through the thumb nail top down.:mad: I have looked at the pictures of the other two 30 pounders caught this week. I am not sure what this weighed, but I have to believe it is close. It does not look as big holding it vertical, but my other hand did not feel like holding it horizontal.

30poundsalmon.jpg

salmonaugust2013.jpg

ouchdan.jpg

Nice report, thanks! I put a J-plug hook into the pad of my middle finger last year from a thrashing king. Went in just above the last knuckle and came out the tip. :eek: I invested in a billy club this year...actually I broke a shovel handle this spring and cut it down to billy club size and it works perfectly.

I measured the 25 pounder that we boated on Sunday and it was 34 inches. So I would say that your fish is at least upper 20's....NICE!

Its tough to weigh fish by length or biggest so far is just over 26#'s and was 39and a half inches our 24 #Dr was 37 and we had an 18# er that was right on 36 inches yours is a hog no doubt / my best guess is that 26 range o_O