fish hawk install question

I put one on my boat this year, and I think I mounted the transducer where I wanted it and came up the transom like 2ft above the water line and drilled a 5/8 hole the end went thru with no problem, put some silicone around it and put a chrome clam shell over it, No problem and I love the unit. Good Luck. Steve.

thanks grant. I was planning on running it through a thru hull fitting because the place I want to run it through the transom has two walls of aluminum. I'm in the process of sanding out said fitting so it will go through.

For passing cables through the transom I always use a Big Jon Cable Cap. They make them in white or black, and have them for single or double cables. The hole drilled is either 7/8" or 1" (I don't remember :))which lets almost any cable end get through but the cap slides in to seal it. I then use silicone calk to further waterproof it.

Here is a picture of the 2 cable model. The cable diameter can be up to 1/4" in diameter but I have reamed it out a little to accomodate bigger ones with no problems.

img-cc103.jpg

Seacat, those look good and I considered them. The problem is I need to run the cable through two aluminum plates about an inch and a half apart, So I would need 2 for each cable to protect it from the sharp edges. One on each plate.

I have used these before and really like them. Great for thick hulls and nice clean look on the outside. Good on hulls up to 2" thick. Used one to install my new X-4 this year.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/seachoice-cable-thru-hull-fitting.aspx?a=564986

thanks Bluedevil, those look perfect for what I need to do!