Manitoulin Island King!

Oakzer

hahaha right on! Way to start him out early!

Oakzer, have you ever tried out Meldrum? My buddy went there last weekend and they had alot of action...If the weather is nice, i think i might zip across from Blind River this weekend.

I haven't tried in a few years...I used to launch my 16' Lund off the rock ledge past the light house. I also heard they are killing them there. bout a 2 hour drive from me (Mindemoya). I tend to stick to Michael's this time of year. Lot of nice kings checkin out the bay.

If you go let me know how you make out Claude. I would like to run out there maybe once this year.

Went 7-9 on the weekend at Michael's...8-12lbs....all males. I'm not sure why? Most were caught on moonshine spoons as soon as sun disappeared. lowrance lit up like a christmas tree at dusk. My 8 year old & I had our first double header..was pretty crazy...but landed both fish!

Nicely done Oakzer...

I checked out Providence bay yesterday....came back in with 5 and lost 5. One was 20.5 lbs. Ken at the marina said it was the biggest so far this week...

My buddy took his own boat and he was nailing them one after the other right beside me...he told me to put something pink on, and as soon as i did then we started nailing them too. Strange how they are so picky with colors. All of my fish was on the pink/green watermelon at 65ft in 75 FOW.

I cant beleive how nice the water is on the south side...wow! AND COLD!! surface temps read 55.5deg....im going back as soon as i can.

Don't have any moonshine Mags Ron..just the regular guys.

Surface temp at Michael's was 59.5-61.5, hmmm...didn't try any pink.

I lost 2 decent fish on the flounder pounder...took 200 feet then dropped it??

Think I'm going to replace hooks with singles for next weekend. I have my drags set pretty light..not sure if that would cause the hook not to burry in? I'm on holidays next week..gonna stay out late with the full moon..should be alot of fun.

Thats a good haul. I'm sure your happy you came to the south side. Ya its funny how picky they can be for colours. All this good fishing makes me regret not getting out this weekend. Did you head straight out past the bell and fish mostly in front of the bay?

oakzer I was thinking the mag might have something to do with it. have some moonshine in reg size which I am going to run more next time im out. I have been loosing lots of fish the past couple weeks and have always heard the single hook could help with better hook-ups. Never made the switch before.

yeah i am sure glad i check it out....i was pretty well straight out from the lighthouse on the east side of the bell fallowing the 70ft contour line on my charts. Seemed like all the fish i picked up were in the exact same spot!!? other then that one i picked up by the green marker on my way in (ball at 30ft)....

Cant wait to go back...might even camp out

Earlier I'm not sure... In the past I have noticed them staging heavily in prov bay starting the second weekend in august. That's about what has happened this year for the most part. I think they are healthier but have never seen so many lampreys on fish as i have this year. 8 in 10 have had marks and or lampreys on them when caught. Regardless, it has been good fishing this year and hopefully this climb back to what I remember as a kid continues!!

I didnt end up going salmon fishing...I was partying at the Spanish Rock and Roar. But i did end up taking "lover boy's" tour Manager out pickeral fishing for just a few hours. Caught one tinny little pikeral haha (they are down deep this time of year and harder to find). I wish i went salmon fishing though...

Did you make it out?

Are any of u guys going to that derby this weekend in Prov? I might be going...not 100% sure yet.