WMFL Aug 17th Big Weenie - Silverstreak(make up) Combo Event

New guy. Make sure you introduce yourself all around at the weigh in.

Rebuild on my 350 wasn't as extensive as expected. Should fire it up tomorrow and be bolted back up Monday.

Yeah, sure will. I may need to pick some of your brains before the event if that is cool. I have never fished out of Holland.

One, the trip from the dnr launch to lake Michigan has a nice sandbar to miss and two of the most poorly marked no wake zones on earth. Two, feel free to pm as time gets closer and I'Lo give you my take. If you're used to structure, there is none around. We get excited about a 2' dip in the bottom.

Yeah, sure will. I may need to pick some of your brains before the event if that is cool. I have never fished out of Holland.

Some lingo you will pick up on:

"The sliders" - South of holland, a few big sand dunes

"The Ball" - even more south, almost to saugatuck, and old radar station that looks like a weather ball.

"The stacks" - north at port sheldon a large cooling tower for the power plant. Pretty easy to see.

and as said its pretty darn flat. Lakers can usually be taken at the sliders in 80-100 foot.

Blues and greens always seem to work, the dolphins almost always go down for me.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it. All the fishing I've done on my own boats has been up at Drummond Island. Lots of reefs and structure. This is a new boat to me. Trying to get it all rigged up and make sure its running well before the 17th. It's been 4 years since I've been out Salmon fishing. I can't wait to get back to it. Look forward to meeting you all in person.

If you guys don't mind a rookie(well at least compared to most of ya who have probably fished more times, on the big pond, in the last month than I have in my life) and I can manage to find a few riders, then I will give it a shot and bring my newly redone boat November Squaw-ler out on Saturday.

If you guys don't mind a rookie(well at least compared to most of ya who have probably fished more times, on the big pond, in the last month than I have in my life) and I can manage to find a few riders, then I will give it a shot and bring my newly redone boat November Squaw-ler out on Saturday.

Bring it! this is a fun type league. Feels like a big league but the guys will answer questions and help ya catch fish. Ive learned a lot from WMFL.

Some minor things needed fixed along with a new kicker bracket. The only other thing I have left to do is run the wire for my graph off the old boat. Which could be a fun time.

Juicey Baron and Ben Lubbs have been ultra helpfull. They can be bribed by my wifes cooking:)

Bring it! this is a fun type league. Feels like a big league but the guys will answer questions and help ya catch fish. Ive learned a lot from WMFL.

Sound's good. Like I said, I just have to see if I have riders. Amazing how that works, get boat with buddies all excited about it, do the restore work and then everyone is too busy to fish. LOL

I have either met, or actually know a few that are here on the boards. I am sure some of you have seen my boat out of Holland the last couple of weekends. Ya can't miss it. It is a 22foot open bow painted in light and dark striped gray for open water duck hunting.