Had nothing but bad luck in GH Sunday Morning. Graph was filled but I couldn't get so much as a release to save my life. Surrounded by charters, and seems everyone else was catching fish all around me but we ended up washing lures and tangling about $60 worth of lead core to boot!

Tried every direction just don't know what we were doing wrong!

Started in 60 and went all the way to 180 fow. riggers from 50-90 down and dipsies back 125-150ft.

Any suggestions?

Yes pick up your speed to 2.8 to 3.2 no B.S.. I was out Sunday. Sat down in 80 fow. Trolled out to 110 with a first hit going 3.3 at the ball. ( new guy driving) wham down rigger set at 80 with Mongolian beef. Huge fish lost at the back of boat. Looked at the speed and could not believe it!! Hit thre more at that speed!!

Yes pick up your speed to 2.8 to 3.2 no B.S.. I was out Sunday. Sat down in 80 fow. Trolled out to 110 with a first hit going 3.3 at the ball. ( new guy driving) wham down rigger set at 80 with Mongolian beef. Huge fish lost at the back of boat. Looked at the speed and could not believe it!! Hit thre more at that speed!!

I am not calling you a liar, but I ran south out of Muskegon on Sunday and I was getting my hits around 2.3 at the ball. We picked up a screamer, which turned out to be a 25 pounder and when she almost spooled us, I bumped the boat back to 2.0 and another rigger went off, which turned out to be a 23 pounder. I normally troll faster than most, between 2.7 and 2.9 but they liked it painfully slow for me on Sunday.

We had a pretty costly trip too! Got a screamer that spooled us and took a 10 color and a planer board and 250 yards of braid with it and one managed to snap the Dipsey right off.. And yeah those high speeds are what seemed to be catching the fish.. We managed 5 big kings this weekend 25 the biggest going 2.9-3.2.

Thanks everyone for the replies! My speed was anywhere from 2.6-3 SOG.

But we do have a probe and my boyfriend (el capitan) has been too scared to lose it to use it, but I think I might just put it down anyways next trip out. I will def be playing around w/ the speed to see if it helps me out! Thanks again for the advice!