I sold my boat today and now looking for a new one

sslopok

I sold my 2003 19 foot monark after only 1 day on craigslist. I am looking for a 2001+ 21-25 ft. walk around fiberglass boat. I prefer an outboard. I would also like it rigged for salmon fishing as I sold my riggers, holders, and humminbird ff/gps with monark. Looking for trophies, stripers, prolines, etc. Must be in excellent all around shape. I don't like beaters. If you see something let me know. Hoping to buy by Aug 21st as we have a camping/fishing trip booked for Harrisville.

Thanks,

Brandon

I have searched craigslist very thoroughly. I called on few today. A lot if nice stripers have the evinrude ficht motors pre bombardier...and that's not a motor for me.

Thanks guys and keep boats coming.

2004 22' Triton 2286 Walk Around w/ 250 hp Evinrude (but pretty sure this is post Bombardier taking over): http://www.walleye.com/Default.aspx?TabID=65&ItemID=247&uc=info&mode=dir

2003 26' Triton 2693 Walk Around w/ twin Yamaha outboards & lots of electronics: http://www.walleye.com/Default.aspx?TabID=65&ItemID=230&uc=info&mode=dir

Awesome boats for sure. But this divorced dad cannot spend that kind of coin. My max is like 20k.

One striper I like has a efi 305 in/out. Any have a efi 305 and what are your thoughts?

Thanks

A couple years ago I did a water test for a buddy who is over on Lake Ontario on a 26' Striper down at Toledo Beach. It had the 305 and I expected it to not be enough engine but I was wrong. Boat performed great and got up on plane easily in a solid 2.5' Erie chop. I pushed it to around 35 mph (which was not wide open)and the hull did a great job too. The sell was along for the trip and said he was nervous but impressed -- he didn't use the boat much and had never had it out in any significant waves. It was the Chieftain model too that includes the hard top.

If I ever went to a I/O boat, the 26' Striper would be on my short list. I especially liked how the dog house for the engine was integrated into the transom/splashwell and didn't protrude into the fishing area much at all. Overall I thought it was a solidly made boat with a very good and well designed layout for fishing -- especially Great Lakes fishing.

PS: Good to know your budget -- although fun to look at the more expensive ones, could also be cruel :)

2000 Trophy 2002 WA. A friend has this exact same boat and it has been a very good rig for him. Have been out in it with 4 full size guys onboard and that is the max I would want to be fishing in it -- 3 is ideal. Not a bad design for a 20' hull and the 125 OB gets it up to around 30 mph. Trolls just fine too.

Looks like it needs electronics and fishing stuff (rod holders, downriggers...) but the price has enough room to let you get what you want brand new.

http://www.leadersmarine.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=06074793X8K4K2013J12I51I15JPMQ3775R0&veh=3299353

Forgot about this one but might be just what you want! Wolf's in Benton Harbor has a 1996 Century 2600 walk around with a 250 HP Yamaha on it listed at $16,500.

Decent cabin and lots of fishing room in the rear with a closed transom. Says it has a FishHawk but no mention of riggers.

It has been there for quite awhile -- at least since March -- so might be able to deal a little. Looks to be in nice shape from the quick look I took. Wolf's sells riggers, tracks, and electronics so getting it the way you want it as a package for financing might be easier and my experience is that you can get a good bundled price. Talk to Warren!

4333677_20130408084328030_1_XLARGE.jpg&w=600&h=450&t=1365439487000

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=broker&boat_id=2592049&ybw=&hosturl=wolfsmarine&&ywo=wolfsmarine&&units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=59170&url=&hosturl=wolfsmarine&&ywo=wolfsmarine&

Wow, that Century is identical to the boat I fished out of yesterday. Buddy has a 96 Proline same style walkaround, length, but with a 250 Mercury. Very impressed with the speed and boat ride in a chop yesterday. I wasn't sure that a single 250 would jump that boat on plane, we cruised on plane at 32mph with 3 guys and a full tank (170), top speed around 40mph !! The only complaint is with the swim deck netting fish can be difficult.

Here is a 2000 SeaSwirl Striper 2600 with a 250 Johnson down in Port Clinton at Happy Days Boats listed at $21,995. No pictures but these Stripers are nice boats. Has the fixed canvas "T-Top" which I like better than a hardtop as it is cooler in the hot sun.

http://www.happydaysboating.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=09266779X8K4K2013J4I03I55JPMQ3977R0&veh=3271039

Ryan,

You are a boat hound. I really like a lot of the boats you showed. I am heading downstate on wednesday morning to check out a 22 foot trophy that has a 4.3 in it. It looks super clean. It is a one owner, but electronics are a little dated. But, it is well under my max so I can fix that.

Brandon

Mark,

I talked to the owner of that striper on saturday. He was supposed to send me more pics but didn't. Was gonna check it out on wednesday since I will be in Jackson anyway, but he said he won't be around.

My buddy and I fished the sag bay this morning in his 19 ft center console trophy and that boat took the 4-5 footers easily while fishing. Took a 3 man limit pretty quick. I thought the trophy was built pretty darn solid and fished well.

I really like the Stripers, but I would take a serious look at the Hydra-Sport with the bracket mounted Johnson and Tohatsu 9.9 hp 4 stroke kicker down in Port Clinton. They have one great hull and with it being at a dealer, I would suspect you could get a better deal than the listed price.

Here is another one that is pretty close to me (30 minutes north).

24' 1996 Searay Laguna WAC w/ twin 225 hp Merc Optimax. Looks nice and with those OBs has to haul #**&% :) I almost bought a 21' Laguna back in 2000. Great riding hull for big water. Has an Eagle trailer ($$$) too. Says it has electronics and fishing equipment??? $15,999

http://www.iboats.com/sites/bees/site_page_9744/item_1238833.html?listing_page=listing_sum_index_1.html

l_dsc03116.jpg

Ryan,

thanks for the offer. I will let you know. I am heading down to cedar point thursday morning. I will see if my crew will let me swing over to look at the hydra sports on way back friday. Pt. Clinton looks pretty close to cedar point.