south haven, muskegon, or holland

just lookin for some advice on as where to head in the morn... coming from hastings area and only going to make it out this trip and maybe one more anytime soon. thanks ahead and ill surey let it be known on how we do. good luck to all. Mike

True, it was tough boating fish today for the Big Red Classic Women's tournament, but a large factor behind that was the 2-hour delay to avoid a thunderstorm in the area. 6:30-8:30 is prime fishing time and we were sitting in the harbor for safety reasons.

Fished Muskegon tonight...there was spaced out 3-6 foot rollers then it calmed down. Last hour of fishing was amazing. 100' into 80' of water was best, 45'-70' down on the riggers (all moonshine lures...especially Flounder Pounder), dipsy's back 150'-170' with the hottest being a wonder bread paddle with a cut plug with a hearing strip and a white/blue fish-catcher with a blue bubble fly. There are some incredibly strong fish starting to move in, however, the water turned under the surface and the fish moved deeper then the 30'-60' down that has been hot...the water break on our Fishhawk was down to 80' before it broke under 50 degrees. Good luck!

Holland was good, fish stacked like crazy. best marks me and my dad have seen in 10 years. 80 fow to 120 fow

we are marking some big numbers in the 80 to 90 range in South Haven also the bite was also tough here yesterday morning several boats with 1 to 2 fish..

I'd fish Holland right now. The guys who ran north in the tourney this weekend died. Most of the big boxes were caught from Holland to Saugatuck this weekend. I took a buddy dying of cancer out this morning and we boated our 10 kings between 6:15 and 7:45 a few miles north of Holland to straight out front. Two over 20, 2 over 15 and 6 6-8 pounders. 60 to the bottom in 85-100 fow. Flounder pounder was rocking and anything silver with green and chartreuse on it. Don't bore them...they want it at least 2.7 sog, and a bit faster would be even better.