Where to launch ludville area.

Planning on hauling my boat up to the ludington - manistee area weekend on august 10th.

Any suggestions on where to launch?

I have a 18foot boat, just never been to the area looking for places to avoid etc.

Also any general guidelines for fishing up there? I imagine itll be pretty packed.

Both Ludington (Loomis Street) and Manistee (First Street) have nice city run launch facilities right at Lake Michigan. Both will handle almost any size boat and have lots of parking. Both also have fish cleaning facilities but Ludington's are much nicer with a grinder and screened in table area.

For your size boat you could also use another ramp in each city. In Ludington launch #2 is at the east end of Pere Marquette Lake on Washington Street. It is a smaller ramp but will handle up to a big 20' glass hull easily. There is plenty of parking and also has a nice fish cleaning area with a grinder. Being off the big lake, it can be much easier to get a boat launched/loaded as it is not as affected by wind. It is also usually much less busy. From it to the Big Lake is about a 20 minute run across Pere Marquette Lake and out through the harbor.

Manistee's other ramp is on Manistee Lake near the Tangled Tackle shop right on US 31/Authur St. Downside is after you launch you will have to go all the way through downtown by river to get to Lake Michigan which is around a 25 minute run. No fish cleaning, but you can always drive out to the big ramp to use that facility. There is limited parking here too.

We launched the the PM launch in Ludington last year and it fit my boat fine. I'm not positive but I think Manistee was building a new fish cleaning station for the big launch. Don't know if it's done or not. Both places can be crazy on weekends in August. We are fishing Ludington next week but are going up sunday night and monday to avoid the crowds. Good luck.

Loomis street is ten bucks. Nice launch but im a cheap skate so we launch our twentyfive foot century at the free launch around the back of P. M lake. The downside is that there is no fish cleaning station and limited parking. Plus the drive around pere marquette lake. Loomis street and copean park have nice fish cleaning stations.

Copeyan Park in Ludington is great, can launch up to 50' yachts, fish cleaning/grinder/fish board/bathrooms. It does get busy, but not as busy as Loomis St. by the lighthouse. 15 minutes to pierheads/Lk. Mich. too. Tight lines.

This is the launch we use when we go up. May be a fifteen minute ride to the lake and you may have a couple boats in front of you but it beats an hour or better wait at loomis that they get at times.

Loomis street is ten bucks. Nice launch but im a cheap skate so we launch our twentyfive foot century at the free launch around the back of P. M lake. The downside is that there is no fish cleaning station and limited parking. Plus the drive around pere marquette lake. Loomis street and copean park have nice fish cleaning stations.

The launch is not free if you notice there is a pay box there if you don't pay you may receive a ticket as its enforced by Ludinton police dept also there are nets south in front of the projects as shallow as 45 feet you may wish to go to Captain Chucks website and print out a copy of the locations.

The Tribal fisherman today reported he "does have another 10 or so nets out right now". That means unless he plans to remove them soon, they will be out there for the summer, and perhaps beyond. He has a slight legal problem right now, and that doesn't make things better. Besides, I like to imagine those nets, with dead fish now, get removed. I got offered all the dead fish captured in the nets I want. Sorry, I just don't want them now. That's NOT fresh fish to me, unless they are still alive.

The Tribal fisherman today reported he "does have another 10 or so nets out right now". That means unless he plans to remove them soon, they will be out there for the summer, and perhaps beyond. He has a slight legal problem right now, and that doesn't make things better. Besides, I like to imagine those nets, with dead fish now, get removed. I got offered all the dead fish captured in the nets I want. Sorry, I just don't want them now. That's NOT fresh fish to me, unless they are still alive.

I wondered why I havent seen them out much this year hope he resolves his issues or at least closes the nets off from fishing if they aren't going to be checking them regularly.

He said he was trying to pull them, but had no help. That hasn't stopped him before though, as he works alone mostly. I'll try to report on that situation again, next time I see him. Meanwhile, that earlier post with net locations appears valid, as he said they are set up the same place as he reported last couple years, and hasn't changed locales. We'll know more by the 13th or so of August.