all advice welcome please

Hi guys well its finally here got my kids /boats all ready heading out of Muskegon let the 2wk adventure begin! I would like to humbly ask for input on where to start fow and depths down and what's hot what ever u are willing to share would be greatly aprecuated since I havent been able to get out and I have the kids and I really want to put them on fish and get em hooked on the big lake thanks in advance for those who reply ! I will post as regular as I can over the next two weeks while we won't be out each day we will b out a lot and hopefully I cam repay with day to day info for u great folks

Cheers

Where r they north/south what fow I've also heard there r a couple of break away nets just curios where u saw em thinking with this water fish will b in tight 50 to 80 ft just my guess but shouldn't b any nets that short or mayb I'm wrong will keep eyes peeled thanks let me know if ya get out I will do the same thanks again!

I'm Headed out in the morning outa Whitehall. I've never fished lake Michigan before, all my time is out of Ontonagon on lake superior. U.P. transplant dew to work. I'll give 50 to 80 a try. Not sure on color yet. I'll at least get the lines wet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Fish were in tight this weekend but the winds might have changed that. Inside 75' was where most of the fish were caught that I heard about. Baits are mostly the same, blues, greens, yellows. Orange for steelies, seemed to be a few around. I only fished for 45 minutes due to my crew getting sick but the guys that toughed it out seemed to do good.

Can any of you let me know where the boat launch is ?

I usually use the Grand Trunk ramp on the south side of Muskegon Lake as it is pretty close to the channel to get to the big lake. It is right next to where the Lake Express ferry docks. There is also a nice tackle shop right at the corner of the road that goes to the ramp. It is deep enough to handle most any size boat. Downside is it does not have a fish cleaning facility.

At the east end of Muskegon Lake is the Fisherman's Landing ramp and campground. Nice facility run by the city with a fish cleaning station but it is a pretty long run to go all the way down Muskegon lake to get to the channel.

There is a ramp on the north side of Muskegon Lake at the state park. I don't think a boat over 18' would be able to launch from it though. No fish cleaning but it is the closest to the big lake. It is a pretty long drive to get to the ramp by car though. It is a DNR facility so you need the DNR passport on your vehicle's license plate to use it.

Ill be on the water in the morning and and feel free to call Kingfish on the radio on ch 68 or 72 if I'm on the water we r I have no problem helping you out. I'm probly starting out in 70fow and working out till I hit fish then Ill work that water. If you find a pod of fish stay on them

We changed plans and went out of Ludington. Lost a motor 2 hrs in. (fuel pump). Thank god I have twins. Fished till 11:30 ish. Got 5 lakers in the boat, Kinda small so we let them go. crome & red, 50 to 60 f.o.w. between 20 & 35 ft down. then they turned off. My son caught his first,(he's hooked now). Heard a lot of chadder on the radio, sounds like it was slow for everyone. All in all, we had a blast. Thanx everyone for all the advice.