Two Special Trips 7/22 and 7/23/2013

I started both these days in a restaurant waiting for conditions to improve. It's not my preferred way of starting but the company and conversation was great.:)

Monday we spent some time looking and boated 10 nice walleye. The fish in our area were scattered. I fished with a new friend Bob E, along with Mike T, and Bob M. The main reason I fished this day was a recon for Tue. I probably would have sat both days out had it not been for a planned Tuesday trip with a very special guest. Thanks guys for helping me with this.

Tuesday it was rough and we had a 91yo WW2 vet onboard. Our choices were limited so we stayed close in the weeds and fished where the waves were tolerable. We caught 7 nice eyes fairly quick but then it shut down. We also caught at least as many sheephead.:) The waves died a bit so we headed out to check a few spots. With the reports and weather we didn't want to venture too far from port. The winds picked up and the waves built, and we pulled lines. One of our last lines to come in had another keeper eye for 8 total. It was a pleasure fishing with our honored guest Elmer G. and his daughter Denise. Thanks to Bob M. and Skip S. for helping me make this trip possible for Elmer. I hope I can fish with Elmer many more times. I met Elmer through Walleye for Warriors. It was by chance our paths crossed and in the past I had some ties with Elmer's deceased brother Ray. It's a very small world.

dsc00424_a.jpg

dsc00423_a.jpg