fishing south haven

I fish out of south have and havnt had much luck lately, I have been hearing alot of people talking about heading out to 240ft and deeper to catch fish. I know it will cost alot more to go out that far but if it would put fish in the boat im all about it. Any thoughts or tips would be much appreciated

I Fish St Joe and we have been fishing out to 300, but last weekend after the blow we found fish inside 110 and had a lot of bait. The key find the bait, fish are eating the alewives and the ones we are seeing are the 3 to 4 inch young alewives, try using all regular size baits instead of the magnum sizes. I usually run meat rigs and this season we have not had to use them. small spoons on free sliders and run SOG of 3 mph to 3.5 mph and the Coho and Steelhead are really cooperative.

I Fish St Joe and we have been fishing out to 300, but last weekend after the blow we found fish inside 110 and had a lot of bait. The key find the bait, fish are eating the alewives and the ones we are seeing are the 3 to 4 inch young alewives, try using all regular size baits instead of the magnum sizes. I usually run meat rigs and this season we have not had to use them. small spoons on free sliders and run SOG of 3 mph to 3.5 mph and the Coho and Steelhead are really cooperative.

Totally agree Mike. Well said.