Reese Out of Doors Youth Club donated trip

Every year I donate a walleye fishing trip to the Reese Out of Doors Youth Club at their annual club banquet. I had the pleasure of taking out a very nice family today and the Bay didn't disappoint them. We had our box of 30 fish sitting on the dock at noon. Just in time for it to go beyond sweltering heat. The bay was flat, and even with no breeze, there were no bugs to speak of. We fished the usual money spot, one set of cans south of 1 & 2 about 2.5 miles east of the channel. The fish did seem to move north about a quarter of a mile since Friday. I hate to say it, but the inner bay bite may be winding down by next week sometime if the water keeps warming daily. I hope they stick around through the weekend though, I have good friends fishing with me on Friday and Sunday. The usual setup, Silver Streak Jr's. The new Lingenberry is just plain sick! I run two on each side and on one slide diver. I don't know the name of the other hot one, but it is chartruese on the nose, and transitions to purple with black dots. Both are UV coated, and both are just hammering fish. 3.0 -3.2 gps was the best today, hitting fish on outsides of turns at 3.2! On my way back in, I could only get 2400 RPMs out of the 305 chevy. I had all kinds of scary thoughts about expensive this was going to be. I had my dad come out to the marina in the punishing heat and he quickly narrowed it down to the power module in the ignition. A quick trip to Auto Value and they confirmed that it was junk. New Module, coil, plugs going in tomorrow morning along with a timing check. Here is a question for the motor heads out there. This engine (volvo/chevy 305) doesn't have vacuum advance. I have been told some do, some don't. My dad wants to add this to this setup, any input is welcome from marine guys. My dads background is top fuel type engines LOL.

Here is our box from today, lots of 16-18 inch fish, with a few bigger ones thrown in.

Tuesdaybox_zps202be46f.jpg

Yep, this one is a recent Jasper replacement, only 1100 hours, only :rolleyes:. The new power module and accel coil woke her right up. Easily reaches 4000 RPM now, idles much smoother, and cruises at 25-26 mph on significantly less throttle than before. Phase two is the installation of the High 8 ignition system when I get back from 2 weeks in Ludington. Starts right up now also, hardly any cranking.

Grant, love to kick the sand, sounds like an Irish Pub burger and beer. We get there Monday. I am actually not taking my boat this year:mad:. Don't feel bad for me though, not taking it because I have plenty of fishing all set up. Prefishing with Verdict III couple days this week, mating in Holland Friday, Steelheaders tourny in Holland Saturday aboard Tangled Mess, and the following week is prefishing and the Holland Big Red tourny with Team Bending Limits. Just couldn't justify $400 in slip fees to fish a couple days. I'll just do some weekend trips over there with my boat.

I'll give ya shout when I get there, Don't know where I'am going to stay for sure yet< have to check on a dock and how tall of a Ladder I need to take! 6' was not hardly tall enough last year, maybe I'll just get on the hard top and 2' ladder, be a sure way to break my neck. L.O.L.