First time I ever went out of gh and as soon as we hit 96 fow we started to drop lines and we only had two lines out when a big, and when I say big, I mean BIG! fish hit like a ton of bricks and when my dad grabbed the rod the fish jerked it out of his hand and we saw the fish tail walking behind the boat with the spoon in his mouth a second after that. So we went 0-1 today... Very bad trip. My worst ever yet, hope it will stay that way... I won't be going back to gh anythime soon. :black20eye:

First time I ever went out of gh and as soon as we hit 96 fow we started to drop lines and we only had two lines out when a big, and when I say big, I mean BIG! fish hit like a ton of bricks and when my dad grabbed the rod the fish jerked it out of his hand and we saw the fish tail walking behind the boat with the spoon in his mouth a second after that. So we went 0-1 today... Very bad trip. My worst ever yet, hope it will stay that way... I won't be going back to gh anythime soon. :black20eye:

I'm confused. You hooked the biggest fish of your life, the fish ripped it out of your hands and you are never going back to GH? I'd still be trolling around looking for that fish. You actually quit fishing after that? There are some little stocked trout ponds that may be less stressfull. I would guess it may be tough trolling however.

We need more details for this report.

Like what exactly are we going to be looking for as far as rod and reel combo.

You can have the tackle back, but the fish will belong to whoever lands it:thumb:

This fish is only going to get bigger now that it is towing around an anchor.

we didn't quit fishing after that, and I probable will go back some time but just not really soon. and yes we did loose the rod :/ we tried to go back to that spot (my dad set a waypoint) and we tried to drag bottom with a treble hook of the cannon ball downriggers but nothing :/ and we trolled kept trolling. we didn't quit...it's hard to get me to quit fishing

the rod was a Field & Stream, Sportsman IM6 series. 6'6" 8-17 lbs. line medium action, with a tidewaters 30LCL Shakespeare counter real with green 25lbs floral carbon line.. But I guess i'm not to worried about the rod because me and my dad build and sell custom rods for people so we can make two new rods for us

Dear Conflicted CornHusker,

"Memories, how they linger." Don't you know women whine and "Creative Memories" and you got to do this while fishing? You have bragging rights until the next hopeful goes all in hook line and sinker. A fish would have been fileted, frozen, and consumed. Your memory of the event will live on.

If there is a negative aspect to your story it is friends and aquaintances will be left speechless when they attempt to detract from the size of the fish that got away.

Thanks for sharing.

Loren

It isn't much different than the 2 guys I saw that a) broke a rod that "caught 1000+ fish" on the hookset on the pier, and B) smoked a reel so bad that it literally blew apart.

At least you didn't snap a rigger cable and loose a ball and speed n temp probe like some other recent posters (not me thank god!)