Flea flicker

Whats everybodys opinion on this?

Fleas were so bad ive been loosing fish. Running 20lb big game on my riggers.

Ive heard that flea flicker doesnt tie knots very well and doesnt work in releases very well.

Just looking for any solution to these damn fleas!

Joe, you already found the solution if you buy the flea flicker monfilament line. It works well for me, and has since I first bought it years ago. The line is flat, instead of round, and it does not catch the nuisance fleas. I have no problem tying knots, nor with releases. It costs a bit more, but heck, it works, and those fleas can drive a person back to the dock in a hurry if you don't have it aboard. Good choice, you'll be happier at the end of your fishing trip for sure.

Joe, you already found the solution if you buy the flea flicker monfilament line. It works well for me, and has since I first bought it years ago. The line is flat, instead of round, and it does not catch the nuisance fleas. I have no problem tying knots, nor with releases. It costs a bit more, but heck, it works, and those fleas can drive a person back to the dock in a hurry if you don't have it aboard. Good choice, you'll be happier at the end of your fishing trip for sure.

Thanks for the response. Your information was helpfull.

It works. Good tip is to splice about 200-300 feet onto your regular line. Pretty rare that you'll go more than 300 feet out on a rigger and it will save you some dough. I moved over to 30 lb big game yrs ago and have styed with it. Just don't try to run a slider when the fleas are super bad like now

I run it when the fleas come out. The stuff works great. I use a polymer knot and have never had any issues with it. I also use Blacks releases an there has never been any damage to the line. I bought a 300yd spool and split it between 2 reels to save a little dough.

I got no fleas on me!

Coldwater tackle, one of the companies that lists on here, has a good price on the line.

I have 6 reels all spooled up with Flea Flicker and can change over in a few minutes when fleas start being a nuisance. I had the problem 2 weeks ago and switched when we got back to the slip. I tie the Uni Knot and it never fails me. The biggest thing that I think is a problem with the line is that it tends to twist after a while. I spool full reels and can cut of 75 to 100 feet and not effect the way the drags work.

Got an inexpensive solution that works. About 3-4 feet in front of your lure tie on a tiny rubber band. The fleas slide down the line and collect on the rubber band, keeps them off your lure. Works very well without of the expense of flea flicker etc. I bought a bag of small (tiny rubber bands) at the five and dime and have not had a problem since. I'm working on a solution to clear them off before they load up the eyelets when reeling in. Nothing like a screaming king, save a few for me.

Heavier mono works well too... I switched everything over to 30lb big game 4-5 years ago. It helps big time with break offs, and the thicker diameter makes it much more difficult for the fleas to attach. My worst rods for fleas are the thinnest lines--which are the power pro dipsys. Thin mono is just as bad.

An alternative to flea flicker is heavier mono. I have never been a fan of the flea flicker line. Just a personal opinion.

I agree that the power pro dipseys get the most fleas. This past Monday they were very bad and I actually cut off my rigger line swivels a couple times, slid the fleas off the line and retied. That was much faster than trying to pull the little things off my lines. I still ran the sliders and they caught most of our fish.

An alternative to flea flicker is heavier mono. I have never been a fan of the flea flicker line. Just a personal opinion.

Same here...yes it works for fleas but at a cost (least for me), I noticed a BIG difference in fish hookups w/ flea flicker vs. flouro and reg. mono. on my riggers. I tried it about 5 years ago tho , it only lasted on my spools for around two months before I threw it out. I think its the "cloudyness" color appearance of it that fish can see and get turned right off from. The 100'-200' section of reg. mono. or flouro at the end would be the way to go if I was going to try that stuff again.