07-13-2013 - Triport LADIES event

Well, I wish more people knew about this event because there we a TON of boats on the water on Saturday - wow what a circus.

Apart from there being a big Triport challenge in GH, Musk, and Ludville, there was another triport challenge in the southern half of the lake.

Facebook.com/triportladies

South Haven, Saugatuck and Holland event for the ladies to benefit cancer research.

It was a gorgeous day on the lake with a ton of boats, after 10am a ton of flies, and a few fish.

Black Beaty ended up edging us out by 2.5 or 3 lbs for first place (great job team) and we finished second overall, first in Holland (only two boats from Holland in it) and we also got big Steelhead - 11.5 lbs. All in all it was a great day on the lake.

07-13-2013_-_susan_g_komen_tournament_big_fish_-_web.jpg

Check out this event next year...it was only $50 to enter, they fed us very well and FREE BEER. I'm not sure about the total but they raised somwhere north of $8,000 for Susan G Komen....just awesome.

I fished this last year and could not find much info about it this year. That and the rudeness of most of the people at the party afterwards last year made 2/3 of my crew decline to fish this year. Good event, great cause, don't expect to network at the weigh in...