Treble Hooks...vs.. Single Hooks

Was out last 2 nights, Missed alot of fish. I no more get the rod out of the holder and the fish were coming off. At the landing last night cleaning the 2 we got in the boat..a few guys said to switch out hooks on my spoons to singles.

If this is the case to land more fish....what brand/style and what size hooks are best for this?

I don't use singles on my spoons, but I do use tandem singles on my flies. You may try swapping out the hooks that come on the plug with a different brand. I have good luck with Gamakatsu and Owner. But keep in mind what Ken said, sometimes it doesn'y matter what hook you have- they will get off.

Stick with the treble. You won't land every fish. The trick to keeping them on is never to allow any slack in the line when you have a fish on. My wife has trouble with this and loses way more fish than I do. So I told her just keep reeling the whole time you have a fish on. The drag will take care of not breaking the line. Its silly but it seems to work for her.

It boils down to personal preference and what you believe works best for you. I run all singles and they seem to bury deeper into the fish and they stay hooked up. Sure, some will slap at the spoon but not hook up but I feel the hook up and catch rate has increased since I switched a few years ago. Also nice that I don't have to fight with getting treble hooks out of the net. Best advice is to run some singles for yourself and compare your results.