Fishing is still slow up here. 2 for 2 on blue spoons on riggers. Talked to a charter friend who only took three salmon on this morning. This north wind won't help either, but It will get better soon. Still nice to be on the water.

Chris

Ludington is steadily getting better, but not what she's been in the past. The next few weeks, with southerly winds predicted, and warmer temps., will make or break us for August coming shortly. Anyone seeing a severe die-off with alewifes? We have thousands swimming in circles to the surface, and it's easy prey for the biters that come into contact. They don't have to work for lures right now. I'm praying and hoping for the best.

we fished the point out of manistee today and went 5 for 12:confused: 1 went 20#s all on mag spoons,most of the lost fish came on meat on the bottom..there was dead baite floating on the surface allmost the whole ride back too manistee 11 miles or so

I don't think there is any shortage Terry. Like I said tons floating or swimming near top, and I marked some huge bait balls out deep.

Saw tons of bait last year also. The fish I caught early last year with stuffed with bait, but as the year went on I saw less and less bait in the fish, and more flies in the bellies. Maybe the fish are like us. I love cheeseburgers, but if I had to eat them everyday I would grow sick of them quick.

Chris