Raymarine Dragonfly

From what I have heard the sonar has been excellent and people have been relatively happy with the unit. Although the GPS is basic and it has absolutely no com ports if you need to network it with your VHF or another unit, I don't even think you can add an external antenna.

If your looking for a combo unit the Garmin 547xs would be a much better CHIRP combo with the best GPS but cost a little more.

You can actually network your DS-400 with the Garmin but not the Raymarine Dragonfly.

From what I have heard the sonar has been excellent and people have been relatively happy with the unit. Although the GPS is basic and it has absolutely no com ports if you need to network it with your VHF or another unit, I don't even think you can add an external antenna.

If your looking for a combo unit the Garmin 547xs would be a much better CHIRP combo with the best GPS but cost a little more.

You can actually network your DS-400 with the Garmin but not the Raymarine Dragonfly.

Frank also mentioned this to me on another website. How much does a little more mean? It's kind of hard to put all the costs together right now. I'd want to buy it without a transducer and then buy a chirp transducer separate, correct? Also, how would the DS-400 network? With a cable? Thank you for your response

The Garmin with the maps pre-programmed in and the CHIRP transducer is just over $900 on our online store where the dragonfly is about $650 with the maps.

I believe the power cable has the NMEA wires included in the pigtail. So nothing would be needed just connect the wires.

Ryan, spoke at length about this with Ryan and we decided for my needs the Dragonfly was the biggest bang for the buck. Ordered it from him today along with a marine radio for my new old boat. I'm really stoked to get it in and see the new technology. Now I just need someone to buy my DS400x. Its a sweet little fishfinder.