Cannon mag 10hs problems

We are having a lot of problems with our riggers recently. Looking for some things to try without sending them in to be repaired.

1.The rigger will come up under power but will not go down by power?

2. Motors seem to barely pull up the cannonball, we had 14lbers, we are going to switch back to the 12lbers.

3. The coated cable is getting tore up in the roller on the end.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

They are about to go to Davey Jones Locker soon!!!!!:mad:

Possibly the switch is either bad or a wire has came off. I had a 14lb ball and the mag 10 really struggled bringing it up, also it actually broke the end of the downrigger shaft near the end. I only run the 14lb ball when I can't reach them dawgs with a 12. Nothing like a screaming king, save a few for me.

Give Give Bill Funk a call at 231 759-7254. He runs/owns Shoreline Tackle in Muskegon and is one of the most knowledgeable people on Cannon riggers in the country. He will be able to tell you what's wrong, how to fix it, and if you can or he needs to. He also knows this is fishing season and turns things around quick.

Give Give Bill Funk a call at 231 759-7254. He runs/owns Shoreline Tackle in Muskegon and is one of the most knowledgeable people on Cannon riggers in the country. He will be able to tell you what's wrong, how to fix it, and if you can or he needs to. He also knows this is fishing season and turns things around quick.

He's got my vote as well. I've got 2 older mag 20's that he has kept going for me. Just minor stuff. Got new power cables for free last year. The man is a master.