Set lines around 5:30pm and within the first 15min got a nice LT. I didn't even have all my lines in the water yet! Wow, gunna be a good night!!

Not so fast my friends! The wife and I trolled around for the next 3.75 hours only landing one more decent LT. Well,.. heck of a lot better than getting skunked I guess! So we went to the fish cleaning house(my first time there) with our rookie heads held "kinda" high only to butcher the fillets and my fingers! Well,...this sucks. Im on blood thinners so at 3am I finally stopped leaking. Man do I need practice! And being a bit more careful wouldn't hurt either. :thumb:

Both fish bit a blue/silver/greenish j-plug(I don't know the official color) on the lead-core rod in about 100fow. Same EXACT set up we got a big king a couple weeks ago. That plug has been pretty hot. Maybe we will score a king next time. Peace -kid

Kelly,next time if its not to busy at the fish cleaning station ask somebody for help to show you how to clean your fish.

Its not hard at all, just have to seen it done a time or two and have a good knife

Kelly, get yourself a cheap pair of those steel mesh gloves! I wear one on my off hand while cleaning fish or cutting up deer. Saves on cuts big time and helps with grip a lot, I don't care if people laugh....The grip is the number 1 plus of a glove, rubberband the glove to a rod holder for the ride home to air out.