We fish ludington alot but havent too much this year because we havent had time but Th 4000 and 5000 lines are way out there. You have to make quite the long run. If I were you I would probably try the point in about 130 fow to start just because that is what usually hold the most fish consistently. (The point is about 8 miles north) fish between that and the bath house which is 4 miles norh

I am from Lansing and will be heading out of Ludington for the first time this year on Friday with my 2 boys. I see reports have been slow. Any thoughts with where to start out of Ludington this weekend? Thanks!

Joel

Joel I sent you a pm .

Went up with some friends this past weekend and it was very slow. We fished the point Friday night and went 1 for 1 in 140 ft on a seven color bloody nose spoon (mid teens King). Saturday morning went straight out to 120 ft just north of the nets and fished from 5:00 till 9:00 with out even a release, till we had a wake up call in 175 ft when all of our riggers ran through a loose fish net rope and anchor. FUN FUN After that we pull everything and ran out to 350 ft where we found warmer water and some fish 2 steal head on a coyote spoon free slider (rigger down 60 ft ) and a nice laker on the same rigger bloody nose spoon at

I always check out Captain Chuck's fishing report. Captain Chucks sporting goods on US10 in Ludington is a good place to get your fishing stuff.

The 4000/5000 references are longitude lines about 12+ miles from the pier heads. You can get an idea of how far by checking out the NOAA surface temp map. From 86*3000' to 86*5000' is about 16 miles.

You can also check the Net report from that website, it is from last year but from what I've seen they are pretty close. Heard some may have got shoved around with ice chunks this winter. Pretty much outside of 200fow you are safe... I'm so sick of nets!!! Every where I go there are nets, from the Saginaw Bay to Lake Michigan...Also like mentioned above check the fishing reports, they put an excellent report out with all the details that help on a 1 or 2 day trip.

The net report is for the most part correct but one net has been moved to the 55's one of the local charter boats got caught in it last weekend and it fouled both motors and broke one of the shafts. I learned along time ago that the nets are like the Badger they are not going away but it is dangerous and just stupid on the tribal fishermans part to at least not mark the nets better so they won,t be a safety hazard to the rest of us who are also allowed to use the great lakes.