Went out twice this weekend. Made a trip Friday night with Roger of No Mo Beggin' and my little brother Dan. Ended up with a skunk in the box for the first time aboard the Slickcraft. We started in 120fow, worked our way out to 160fow and then all the way back into 100fow. We had two hits all night both in about 130fow a little south of Holland. One was on Big Lake Lures Flatline on a fixed slider 50 down and one was on Double Trouble on the 250' Bloodrun copper right before sun down. Both fish were only hooked for a short time before coming off. We marked the most fish in 130fow north of the sliders, as soon as we hit the sliders we stopped marking anything.

Saturday morning we fished the WMFL event. After the night before I decided to run north of the piers in search of some active fish. Well we found fish but they weren't very active. We set down in 120fow 2/3 of the way to Port Sheldon and started on a SSW troll. We ended up getting all the way out to 178FOW with only 2 fish to show for it (should have been three but I tried to haul one over the back without the net and it can off :mad::lol:). We trolled back into 140fow without any more hits. We decided to pull lines at 10:00 and run into 85 FOW and fish trout. Well there were tons of fish inside too but they also were very negative. We trolled for another 2 hours without a bump until we were pulling lines when a fiesty 4 pound coho hit the 5 color as we were hauling it in. It was a slow morning for everyone as our 3 fish were good enough to place in 3rd in the tourny.

What worked Saturday:

Green Death meat rig behind a 8" frog SD on the wire 160 back

New Big Lakes Lures Spoon with Red and copper Tape (don't remember the name) on the 5 Color

Mag Silver Streak Moldy muffin on a rigger 66 down went twice

Craigs Christmas on the 5 color

Mixed veggie SD pulling a Blue Magoo BW fly 120 back on the diver

Big thanks to Larry of Big Lake Lures for sponsoring the tournament and giving everyone some spoons. Also congrats to Far Beyond Driven with a killer box of 6 browns. Hopefully this June slow down ends soon. I'll be out tomorrow night with some people from work so give me a shout if you are out there.