which paddle?

I recently picked up a oceana fly and a pickled sunshine fly and was wondering what would be the best attractor to run in front of them? Another question is that I added 2 300' coppers to my spread and not sure what is best to pull with them for starters. Thanks.

For colored flies, I like to either match them up with similar colors (daytime) on the flasher or go with a glow crush (early morning) or a UV (1 hr after sun up and throughout the day if cloudy).

As for the copper, you can run any presentation/lure you would normally use elsewhere. My inclination is to stay away from big flashers. I generally use mag or super mag spoons and plugs. I have had good luck with Brad's Cut Plugs off the copper in mid day.

Run the pickled sunshine fly behind a 8in double white crush spin doctor or a mountain dew spin doctor and the oceana behind a 8 in pearl fishscale or slick taped spin doctor.Don't be afraid to pull them on your 300 coppers I catch tons of fish on spinnies and flies on my 300's but they work best at slower trolling speeds.

An 8†UV Spin Doctor Netminder number SD70056-8 with the Oceana Mirage fly on a diver rod.

An 8†Spin Doctor Lite Green Crush Glow, number SD70353-8 with the Pickled Sunshine fly on a diver or downrigger.

Good Luck

SS

That's the way to run them, Lake Trout Killer the Pickled Sunshine with a green glow spinnie or green glow paddle.

Hey Mike,

I'm not sure which port you fish out of, but down here an 8" pro troll is absolutely deadly on 300 coppers during mid summer months. Grab a white one or two for the 300.

Spoons on the 300 is also a go to during the summer months. Baits like the silverstreak Metallic Blue Frog is a great choice right now!

UV paddles have also been stellar all year on deep water presentations(fishing 100+down). The Oceana is a great fly for those UV/UV paddles.