Sitex SP-110 Autopilot.... any experience?

I'm looking into the Sitex SP-110 autopilot with Remote Mechanical Drive for use on my 270AJ with twin 4.3L Mercruiser outdrives. I'm generally getting favorable reports but most users are not using them for trolling as we do.

Set up with the Remote Mechanical Drive, they are used on mechanically steered boats. Since only one engine has the power assisted pump for steering, I asked Sitex if the SP-110 would have enough power to steer the combination of both outdrives when operating on the non assisted engine alone. Their reply was there is sufficient power for that application.

I'm looking for any information from those on GLF who have any experience with this product used in salmon trolling. Thanks, Dick

Anyone using a Simrad AP 12 or 14r is using a very simular setup, its basically the same thing. It will probably be adequate for calm to mild weather days and wont work on moderate to high wind or wave days. I would call Octopus and confirm this.

The Sitex uses older technology as far as their compass which has been around a long time and works good in most cases. But if your looking for more modern better performance you can buy an Raymarine X-10, Garmin GHP-12, Simrad AP-24 and pair it with that same octopus drive.

The 'optional' rudder reference sensor is definitely needed.