Tue, Wed, Thur.

6/11 Bob M, Buster, Don M, and I fished in 28-35 FOW. We boated over 20 keepers and a few undersize fish.

6/12 Dave N, Jay J, and I fished 30-33 FOW. We boated about 20 keepers and kept our limit of some VN eyes.

6/13 Don B, and I fished 32-35 FOW for 2 man limit. A couple of friends from Harrison area were supposed to fish also but the wind direction and velocity had them concerned. I don't blame them at all because if the wind was just a tad stronger I wouldn't have fished either.

We used 2oz BB off the boards with harnesses and 3oz BB on our down rods without boards. Purples, Glows, Chartreuse, and Copper were all good. Speed was 1.2-1.5 MPH Most of the fish were at or near the bottom. I fished with three new friends Buster and Don M on Tue and Dave N on Wed. Today Thurs was a little bouncy so we went for a quick 2 man limit and called it a day. The Saginaw Bay is as good as I have ever seen it. I started fishing the Bay in the early 50s with my dad. Take some kids and get out there for some fun times. It just doesn't get any better.

Edited by Priority1

We are blessed to have this great fishery. I love the fact that we catch so many little ones as it bodes well for our future. The Saginaw Bay has been FANTASTIC for at least 10 years. Other places have experienced bad weather conditions that took out huge chunks of a few year classes. I enjoy every minute I'm out there. Get em while it's HOT.

We are blessed to have this great fishery. I love the fact that we catch so many little ones as it bodes well for our future. The Saginaw Bay has been FANTASTIC for at least 10 years. Other places have experienced bad weather conditions that took out huge chunks of a few year classes. I enjoy every minute I'm out there. Get em while it's HOT.

Yup, I agree totally. Every time we catch one of those undersized fish, and some days it's many, I smile from ear to ear as our future walleye fishery looks amazing good. At the ramp the other day, I noticed thousands of fingerling walleyes chasing small minnows around the docks. If that is any indication, it looks like we had another big walleye hatch once again this spring. Let the good times roll. In the 20 plus years I've been fishing the Bay, this year has been the best ever. :grin:

Frank thank you for having Bob and I on your boat!! We have a great time!! I wish I lived closer to you so we could go more often!! Anytime you need a rider I would love to go if possible !! Thanks a million again!!! Frank if you want to try some salmon fishing let me know I would gladly take you out!!

Frank thank you for having Bob and I on your boat!! We have a great time!! I wish I lived closer to you so we could go more often!! Anytime you need a rider I would love to go if possible !! Thanks a million again!!! Frank if you want to try some salmon fishing let me know I would gladly take you out!!

Buster, You are always welcome and so is Bob. I had a great time also. Thanks for the invitation for Salmon Slammin. :)