Need A Bit of Help

OK,

I finally got my wire diver rig. In the box the company sent me a swivel and beads as well as some sleves to crimp. I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. Can I get some assistance here? do i just slide the bead above the crimp and go through the swivel and back into the crimp????

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Grizzly

I knew you guys would point me in the right direction. I appreciate it. Do you run it just like that or put shrink tubing over it and shrink it??? possibly to avoid getting stuck buy the wires????

Thanks Agian,

Grizzly.

I slide the bead on the line first, free sliding at this point. Then slide on a 1" piece of shrink tubing after the bead. Tie knot as described. Melt shrink tube over knot. I like the bead on the line to be able to reel it in to the top roller on my rod when dipsy is detached. Wire line has a tendency to "spring" if not constantly kept taught. Just what I do, not the only way. :thumb:

I use a bead on the mainline so people can reel it right into the end of the rod and not damage it. I do the same on my braid dipsey rods. Then I use an overhand loop knot combined with a crimp on the tag end. No break offs in 5 years of doing this. But there's more than one way to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to say that the new wire rig really worked well except we never had a rip on it. Oh well. But that bugger gets down deep. I had it back 210 with a magnum ring and it was hitting the bottom in 100 fow. Quickly pulled and removed the zebra muscles and reset. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Grizzly

I am happy to say that the new wire rig really worked well except we never had a rip on it. Oh well. But that bugger gets down deep. I had it back 210 with a magnum ring and it was hitting the bottom in 100 fow. Quickly pulled and removed the zebra muscles and reset. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Grizzly

Wire diver with mag dipseys run very close to 1 down for every 2 out. After 250' the ratio widens.