Got out on the water around 5:30pm. It was really slow for us. However in the top of the ninth we scored a beaut! I dont remember how deep we were at the time, but the fish hit on my 10 color lead core with a blue/silver plug. This was my first King in 3 trips and only the 4th one I have caught since doing the Salmon thing so I was/am GEEKED! 22 pounds! Great evening out on the big water!!

Ya, It was my first time ever using lead-core (which I just bought like 3 weeks ago). I put it on a TX44 board and let her drift off to the side. It fooled me a couple times going in and out of waves, making the rod dance, and sounding a couple clicks of the drag here and there, but when the big girl hit there was no doubt! I'm debating on getting another LC set up for the other side of the spread. Seems like copper is the thing most people are going with but I don't know squat about it.

I'm debating on getting another LC set up for the other side of the spread. Seems like copper is the thing most people are going with but I don't know squat about it.

Might as well bite the bullet and just start running 3 boards per side... :grin::grin::grin: