Slow out of the gate.

I have been a little slow out of the gate this year but hope to catch up fast. I'm splashing Priority1 for the first time tomorrow. I had a ton of unexpected things that had to be dealt with this Spring. I sure don't move like I did 20 years ago.:lol: I may have to fish later into the Fall this year to make up for the slow start. :)

I"m sure you"ll give em what they want.good job Frank.happy season.

:thumb:

Tom, We need to make it a point to get on the same boat.:)

Best of luck to you Grumpy!

Adam, Get on over here and fish again. I had a blast last time.:)

I here you Frank. I haven't had the boat in the water yet. By far the latest in the year for me. A combination of weather, work and family obligations have thwarted me so far. Hopefully that changes next week!

I here you Frank. I haven't had the boat in the water yet. By far the latest in the year for me. A combination of weather, work and family obligations have thwarted me so far. Hopefully that changes next week!

Nick, If you have some time after work and want to come over and fish you are always welcome. How's the shoulder doing? GL and hope you get your own rig out soon. I hear you on the obligations. Sometimes Priority1 is Priority 10.:lol:

The day started just fine. I set down near some boats and didn't like what the sonar wasn't showing. I proceeded to a spot not far away and saw what I wanted on the sonar. Big John B was along for his help and expertise. We put the first eye in the box before we were set up. I was letting the the board out and it never made it into the pattern. Three more quick fish on the down rods without boards when we decided to turn and go back through them. The engine stalled and we got it back running. It stalled again and we were dead in the water for about 2 hrs. I did a plug change a few days earlier and again on the pond. The new plugs were fouled with some hard carbon. After the plug change it started and ran fine but was running a little hot. No problem at home overheating. I pulled the dog house forward and removed the T.Stat. The T. Stat was in the open position. We decided to call it a day and ran in fine only slightly on the cool side without the Stat. I need to run out the old fuel and I think it will be OK. I'll replace the T Stat later today. So we boated 4 eyes between 16.5 and 18 inches to get the skunk off Priority 1 for the season. We also threw back two short ones so our future is bright. In spite of the problems I consider it a great shakedown. We boated some fish and made it in under our own power. Thanks to my friends on the pond with their offers to help if needed. I think after this season I'm going to lay the boat up with the fuel gauge favoring empty. I just hate this darn fuel we are forced to use. It will run so so in a FI engine but it's a challenge with a carburetor engine.

I almost forgot BB and meat on the bottom. A glow chartreuse and a faint lime green and nickel blades were good. 28-29 FOW.