Sat. afternoon we set up in 20 fow a mile south of the harbor, had a bite before I got the third rod in. The bite was on for a while but kind of fizzled out later in the afternoon, with two passes through the target zone with no bites. Ended the night 7 for 12 and a few short of our two man limit.

Same deal this morning fishing solo got out late set up 7am, caught fish right away but couldn't fill up going 3 for 6. I ran all coho rigs and caught all coho. Nice to finally get out the boat ran well, no problems and great weekend. J.J.

I think the warm weekend of east winds warmed up that shoreline and pushed the salmon out.

Now with the rain and a big north wind tomorrow I'm not sure if they'll be back in or stay out deeper.

Going Friday after work and it's tempting to set up shallow and give it a quick check but my gut feeling is go out to the hills and save precious fishing time.

Still don't know exactly why they call it the hills, but in Kenosha once you hit 50 fow going east it's quite a while before you hit 60,70,80.......

J.J.

they have been a ton of fish in the 40-50 fow area the last couple days. Not sure what is going to happen after the big blow though.

the hills are actually a bit deeper than 50 row. When the 50 starts a drastic down swing to the 60,70,80...that is your hill. and if you get up north towards racine there are 3 separate hills. About mid way between the two towns the three hills come together and end up being one bigger hill off kenosha and winthrop harbor.