Well,

Not such a hot outing. One reel(Okuma) stopped working, one downrigger rod snapped(Cabelas) and my motor when trimmed up hits the board I have across the back of the boat so I could barely get my transom saver on. We did get a LT in the box though(expensive fish!!). The DNR launch at MAC was pretty busy but it was a nice day so that's to be expected.

I wanted to go deeper(140+) but it was a touch choppy for the 1650 Fishhawk so we trolled back into shallower water(60-70 feet) where it was nice and calm. On the good side, my riggers that I got from Al(knotatwork) performed great!

Mixed Veggie was the lure that got bit.

Mr. and Mrs. King,.. whats happening!!

Ya, I got the salmon bug! Im not super serious about it do to my boat being pretty small for the big lake so I only go out a few times a year. I also use alot of my muskie gear to help keep the cost down. I like it though! And unlike them muskies, I get to keep some of these rascals for dinner!!:thumb:

We just got back from the launch at Stoney Creek which is north of White Lake Channel. Its too nasty for our star craft or any other boat over 12 feet right now as the lower half has caved in making it very steep. Im bummed as we like fishing off Stoney . It takes about 4 gallons of gas to run up there and back from White Lake. It's looking like we will fish Sunday and Monday out of White Lake. Deep water comes real close to shore off Stoney Lake Which why we like there. Short run out to 120/130 feet. We use the same reels we use for musky just put on down rigger poles. I got 4 cannons and run 6 to 10 rods when we use our Planer boards. Not bad set up for an 18 foot boat. Tracks are the key. Those tracks mount anything fishing related. Any how, good to see you branching out. We filled the freezer with blue gills last month and now Im needing some fresh Cohos for the grill. Cook in tin pan with lemon butter and onion sauce then stripe it right on the wires close to the coals. Awesome stuff man. After we brown it we pour the lemon butter sauce over the chunks of fillet. GAWWWWD!!!!! IM hungry man :grin: Mike