Boat Security

Well I got the TackleSmith boat alarm. I got it installed today. The brain of the unit requires some wire searching and isolation as the ignition switch is part of the programing. Also have to find the LED light wire as it emits a 12v pulse to make them flash when alarming. The impact sensor is mounted to something solid or a wire bundle under the console. It has a small adjustment to adjust the sensitivity if needed. The magnetic reed switches are pretty simple. Mounted some of them took a little brain work because of the design of my compartment lids. By far the hardest part was running all the wires to the magnetic switches. Its all done.. no wires visible.. siren not visible..

This is how it worked. With a LCD keyfob click the lock, 1 chirp and it shows a padlock on the screen locked. That should be armed. I grabbed the fishfinder and whamo! the siren 125decibel goes off. Man was that loud...and now where is that paper that tells me how to shut it off. lol Push unlock and it stops, LCD keyfob shows the alarm has went off. It also buzzed in my hand too.

Alarm again, 1 chirp, open a glove box it goes off.

Alarm again, 1 chirp, step up on the steps to get in the boat, it goes off. Mess with the prop or the trolling motor and it goes off! Try to unhook from my truck and it goes off! Unsnap my cover and it goes off!

Shock sensor can be disabled like when you are at a dock.. or lots of people around, like camping. Open a hatch though and the alarm goes off. When your sitting in the restaurant having lunch or sitting in your hotel room your keyfob will vibrate and tell you somebody is messing with your boat

I am very pleased with it so far and would recommend it. It will sure give me peace of mind when in a restaurant, motel for the night, camping or anywhere the boat has to sit out in the open without me in it. Its not fool proof, but I cant imagine anyone sticking around after setting that thing off. cost was about $250. http://www.thetacklesmith.com/boatalarms.htm