water Temp

So the surface water temps took a major jump today looking at coast watch. does this mean any thing or is it just the very surface due to all this sunshine? I can see how it would effect shoreline fishing but does this have any immidiate effect on the rest of the water column?

That's a great link. I hit the animate button, and that was AWESOME. Shows the affect of the wind and the sun has to warm up the water like it did. The water "moving" warming....pretty cool

• 2 weeks later...

Although GLCFS is a great website with many tools for the open water angler(and shore bound angler as well), I take those temperature graphs with a grain of salt. Friday for example just outside a southern lake michigan port that graph claimed water temps were as high as 56 degrees on the surface. The actual water temp was 42 on the surface just off the south pier outside of the mudline in 20fow. Southern lake michigan ports take daily beach temperatures and water intake temperatures year round. Personally I wish all lake michigan ports would do that, not just after memorial day weekend til labor day weekend.

Mark