LED Trailer Lights?

I've grown tired of carrying extra incandescent bulbs and having the filaments constantly go bad, so am considering a switch over to some LED trailer lights. Also, the incandescent bulbs are very hard to see during the day, and was hoping the LED would be more visible.

What I'm wondering is...does anyone have the LED Trailer Lights and what do you think of them? I imagine they would last longer without having to worry about filaments going bad, and that they would also be brighter.

Thanks for any input guys...

I love my leds. I had people telling me in dright daylight my trailer lights weent working Put in leds and now i light up the countryside. Even with the sun directly on them you can see them. Make sure you buy a better brand as the better ones are sealed better and have dampers in them attached to the circuit boards. We sold a couple different brands at the truck dealership i was at and hands down truck lite is the better lights to by. They also have them in different amounts of leds in the light. Buy the ones with as many leds as you can afford. The five led lights are not that bright. I have the ovals lights with the 14 leds and they are bright. Try finding a truck dealer like a kenworth or volvo dealer and you wll save money over buying them at a marine store. The light i got were 14 each at our dealership and the same light sold in marine packaging was 30 bucks each at gander. Here is the truck lite catalog so you can find whoch lights you want:

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/GenericView?pageName=/resources/LitDownloadsCatalogs.jsp&storeId=10001&langId=-1

I put LED's on mt last boat and it was one of the first changes I made on this boat. No maintenance, considerably brighter and don't have to worry about unplugging them before launching/retrieving. The LED's are as bright during the day as the incandescent lights are at night. It's a great, inexpensive upgrade.

I switched to LED's about three seasons ago and wondered why I didn't do it sooner. I did it for the same reasons you want to. Easier to see in the daylight and lights last longer for sure. I had to replace incadescent bulbs about twice a year. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for all the input guys. I thought it was the way to go, but wanted to see everyone else's experience first, and since it's unanimous I'll be ordering some tonight.

The closest dimensions to my current light seem to be the Optronics brand.

Will these do the trick??? http://www.etrailer.com/p-STL56RB.html

Thanks for all the input guys. I thought it was the way to go, but wanted to see everyone else's experience first, and since it's unanimous I'll be ordering some tonight.

The closest dimensions to my current light seem to be the Optronics brand.

Will these do the trick??? http://www.etrailer.com/p-STL56RB.html

FYI The lights are for trailers under 80" wide. I'm not sure what you have but I have seen others make this mistake.

"Manufacturer Specifications

Submersible stop, turn and tail lights for trailers under 80" wide. 6-function:stop, turn, tail, rear reflex, side marker, and side reflex. All weather molded plastic housing and durable lens protect against corrosion. Includes separate ground wire."

For your boat trailer I can think of no disadvantages,but keep in mind if you put them on any other trailer,that the led lights do not produce enough heat to melt snow off of them.so you will have to keep your lights cleared off.