Where the ho's at?

If you feel like burning fuel you could try out deep. A lot of times in the fall and early spring there are good amounts of cohos out there. The biggest problem is finding them. No one wants to be the first to go out there and quite frankly even want to. Out of Racine when there is nothing in close, setting on the hills and trolling east until you find something can be a good start. Be prepared for prolonged boredom, and if your lucky, followed by mass chaos when you find a school. I would imagine Milwaukee would not be much different. Look for any type of break on the satellite images.

Last May we also found a large amount of 10-15 pound kings living down deep in 250 fow along with cohos on the surface.

may 2012

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/1/7/5/0/img_0604.jpg' alt='img_0604.jpg'>

Last year April 22nd was my first trip and I had a one man limit in about an

hour on kings. The weather this spring has sucked so bad. Sea Grant is just now showing it's hitting 40• near shore.

I have no problem adventuring out, but I was thinking of heading south and working the hills near Milwaukee's green chain and stay south to the balls in crudahy. I can't

imagine there is much out deep in that ball shrinking cold water.

i hear ya! Unfortunately there really are not any good reports from down by the state line yet either. I know the water is super cold everywhere but I have a feeling there may be some fish offshore....just a question of how far. Pretty soon I'll be heading to the deep blue sea to find out for my self, either that or fish brown trout.