We had a pretty good day out of Holland this morning, if you like to catch Lake Trout. I left the ramp this morning with my good freinds NO MO BEGGIN and the Eliminator. We had plans to go west and look for the edge of the clearer water and start there, we found it just south of the peirs in 50 fow.

We set a program up of small spoons and body bait on a south troll looking for cohos, browns or the possable drop back Steel Head. And what we found was a large amount of very hungery Lake Trout. I did talk to a few guys that fished out side of 175 fow that said they never marked any thing other than cold water. So with that we decide to stay where we were AND catch some fish for the smoker.:thumb:

Heres a pic of the baits that took fish and and the catch. We finished 10 for 10

p4210180.jpg

1. Black and Gold j-11 Rapala
  2. j-9 perch Rapala
  3. J-9 Fire Tiger Rapala
  4. Black and Silver J-9 Rapala
  5. Gold and Black Thin fish
  6. UV Rainbow Alwive Silver Streak

And the catch

p4210178.jpg

Thanks for comeing along guys, it was a good time as always.:thumb:

nope no smoken them chunk them boys up like chicken nuggets and fry em like blue gills best lake trout you could have in my opinion. they firm up like walleys and no grease. they are good. I don't know if there better than road kill or not most of my road kill tastes pretty good

nope no smoken them chunk them boys up like chicken nuggets and fry em like blue gills best lake trout you could have in my opinion. they firm up like walleys and no grease. they are good. I don't know if there better than road kill or not most of my road kill tastes pretty good

I agree completely. Use 375 or 400 degree oil and it melts the grease out of the fish dont reuse the oil. Bortells in ludington told us years ago about using the hottest oil you can get