Hooks?

VMC 8540BN #1 & #2 trebles- awesome replacement hook and reasonably priced. Gamakatsu and Owners are great too but with no availbility in bulk and a huge price tag makes it tough to change every hook out.

http://www.shortyshooks.com/

i buy owners I use themfor flys and my favorite spoons that i run all the time. Outdoorsman in jenison has them in bulk 50 packs they do ship number is 6164573630

I'm fond of VMC Hooks for my spoons but I like big single hooks on my flies. Last summer when the Coho showed up off our port....I was losing them about 50% of the time with my customers off our wire line dipseys using spin doctors and flies....So I went down into the boat cabin and rigged up some flies using hook setups from some of ol George Richey's squids I had kicking around in a not much used tackle box. George always told me he had better hookups with big single hooks in tandum rather that the treble hook arangement on most of todays flies.

Short of the story is...wire rod on my port side rigged with big single tandum hook arrangement ON A kRW fly body out caught the starboard side with the treble hook fly 3 to 1. Both flies same brand..KRW in Aqua/gold and same color spin doctors.

On the next mornings charter did the same thing...kept the same setups from the day before...big single hooks out catching the treble hook fly . Approx.Same number of hits each rod...just that the big single hook fly with an inexperenced fishermen on the rod would get the Coho to the boat....The fish were hooked good with the big single hook buried in their jaw or completely through the jaw most of the time.

Others feel the single hook flies lose to much fish..but on Coho salmon which by the time their in our area ,they usually weigh around 7 to 10 lbs most yrs , late August,I find single hooks tied tandum work best for me and now tie Gamakatsu single hook setups for my flies.

Looks like the Big Weenie brand uses a big single hook on their flies along with a treble hook Their flies have worked better for me than others using this arrangement for kings I've noticed on my boat ...so just my 2 cents about hooks.:D