I've never been there and any launch info or fishing reports would be greatly appreciated. I have an 18' PolarKraft so I don't need a lot of depth, but I don't want to make the long trip if it's too shallow. I'll be coming in from the East off the toll road [i-80]. Seems to be a lot of warm water down there.

Thanks guys,

Dave

Just do a Google search of Portage IN. Marina. You will get maps and info about the Marina. I use it 90% of the time. They do caution you about low water conditions, but that seems to be everywhere. I have a18ft. Lund Fisherman W/T with a 115 Merc 4-S. Never yet had any problems. Keep trimmed up till you are in the main channel (The Ditch). Launch fee is $10.00 daily. With common sense you will not have any trouble. Fishing Report: Hit & miss,not enough steady weather yet. But cohos and browns are being caught. Just keep a close watch on wind conditions! Hope this helped. Rudey

I have a 25' Trophy and have been told I could launch there. Only place I've heard of issues is just outside the ramp area. Like Rudey said, a little common sense and you should be fine. There have been some decent reports from Gary Light, down west of the ditch. It can get crowded very quickly and if you haven't fished it before, approach slowly and figure out the flow of all the boats. They pretty much run a circle, never fun when someone tries to go their own way in there. Good Luck!

Kevin