X4 mounting advice

Just try and keep it clean of wash as much as possible but really they incredibly picky I would try to separate it from other transducers but not life or death or and I know this probably goes without saying but somewhat close to the rigger u plan on using.

As long as you don't mount it right behind one of the props or on a strake on the hull, it probably doesn't matter too much where it is on the transom. Unlike a depth sounder transducer you don't use most features of the FishHawk all that much until trolling. Surface temp can be used when on plane to find surface breaks but 90% of the time you use it going slow. Consequently air turbulence gong over the transducer isn't a big problem.

On I/O or O/B boats I usually put the depth sounder transducer on the starboard side and the Fishhawk on the port. With the prop direction going clockwise when viewed from off the stern, the prop wash created on starboard side is down away from the hull while the port side is coming up toward the hull (and any transducer mounted there). Since the FishHawk is a receive only transducer it is better off on the noisy side. On an inboard, not a clue... but maybe that will help you figure out if one location would be better than another. :)

As for distance from the downrigger, I have used my X4 probe on both of my outdown riggers but primarily on my starboard rear. On my 8.5' beam boat it worked well in all locations. The real advantage of mounting it near the primary downrigger it will be used on is routing the cable from the transducer to the display... if the display is going near the downrigger. If it's going at the helm, then cable routing for the connection might still be a factor and on most boats that still points toward a starboard location.